db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Class.forName() -- possible issues
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:46:27 GMT
>> Looking at the source for ClassHelper, I am seeing that we are using
>> Class.forName() to load a new instance of a classes. This causes known
>> issues, due to Sun's implementation of class caching, inside of JBoss.

If you look closer, you will find that the current thread context
ClassLoader is actually passed as the 3rd argument when loading.

So everything should be OK, even for JBoss.

(There is also a mechanism in ClassHelper to set a different class loader.)

However, there are some class loading taking place without using
ClassHelper -- I'll change those so that there is one single point of
class loading management in OJB.

Regards,
  Martin