db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Clob/Blob handling
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:53:40 GMT
Hi all,

I think that in JdbcTypesHelper$T_Clob/T_Blob inner classes the handling
of Blob/Clob is not correct. The JDBC 3.0 mapping for BLOB is
java.sql.Blob but in methods #readValueFromStatement(...) and
#readValueFromResultSet(...) we always return a byte[] object.

So it is not possible to use Blob/Clob fields in persistent classes.
Wouldn't it be better to return the Blob/Clob instance instead of always
extract the byte[] or String value (this will always read the whole
blob/clob object from the database, instead of setting a logical pointer
to the data)?

regards,
Armin