db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Sfeir" <rob...@codepuccino.com>
Subject Re: Release date for OJB 1.0.3 - a bug fix release
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:57:17 GMT

> what I'd like to avoid is that we release too often. This confuses
> users (I know, I would find it strange) and somehow looks like the
> product is not so stable.

Spring releases quite often, and that doesn't make me think it's
unstable.  I don't think it will confuse users, it will show life in
the project.  Monthly releases is something I suggested a while back
and was told it was not a good idea.  This is also the reason why I
suggested iterations, or sprints, in which we add fixes and features
which have to be done within the sprint (30 days) at which point we
always have a stable product, and we can push out what we have.

This particular bug is nasty and should be pushed out, you can't rely
on users to get their own cvs version, and you can't put out
something that's busted.

Robert S. Sfeir
robert(at)codepuccinoNOSPAM.com
"Make everything as simple as possible,