db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ProxyHelper -- should it remain static?
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:41:42 GMT
> what do think is the best way to get rid of the static QueryFactory
> methods ? these methods are used in all of our testcases and also by the
> users of ojb.
>
> myOjb.getQueryFactory().newQuery(...) would be the right thing, but i
> think we can't break all the user's code :(

Mhmm, don't know, do the query objects need a OJB, PC or PB object for
creation ? If not, then the static methods could remain in place,
could they not ?
If yes, then you're right, though we should leave the static methods
in place nonetheless, but they only delegate to the OJB object that
can be retrieved at the PBF (which is not static but comes from a
ThreadLocal), and they should be properly deprecated.

WDYT ?
Tom