db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Improving build.xml
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:22:26 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> I don't like this approach so much because in order to build both
> debug and non-debug versions, you have to change the settings.

Ok.

Same effect but with what you like can also be easily achived. Target "main-opt"
goes away and "jar-debug" stays as it is, but build becomes shorter. Do you like
it that way?

> A better way to make the build easier to read/understand is probably
> to split it into multiple build files for specific tasks, e.g. for
> unit testing, documentation generation etc. The main build file would
> then simply reference these sub-build files.

Duplication of code increases maintenance and splitting into several files won't
fix it.

I agree with documentation generation point though: when developing ojb you
don't have to have forrest install, so docs build related checks and targets
should be better isolated from code builds.

Vadim