db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject BlobTest and Torque
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:51:24 GMT
I must have been suffering from amnesia earlier tonight since I was
confused over an issue I have already resolved before. :)

The CLOB/BLOB issue is here:
http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/OJB269

See also Armin's answer why this was not applied in CVS and my comment
to this:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=ojb-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=7962

I'm no longer sure my comment applies but I still think it does make
sence to run a _Blob_Test using BLOB. :)

As it turns out Oracle is the platform with correct Torque mapping:
BLOB = BLOB
CLOB = CLOB

To see how Torque will map, check out
lib/torque-3.0.2.jar!/sql/base/{$torque.database}/db.props

I think the bug is actually in OJB's profile-files that come from an old
version of Torque. In the profile it should be property
*torque.database* set under "TARGET DATABASE", not database only as in
most OJB profiles in CVS.

Armin, can you try to apply OJB269 (that is change
src/schema/ojbtest-schema.xml /database/table[@name='BLOB_TEST'] column
BLOB_VALUE_ to "BLOB" and CLOB_VALUE_ to "CLOB") and run BlobTest with
updated profiles for sapDB/maxDB (both previously indicated as failing
by you if applying OJB269).

If it's still failing someone might perhaps look into tweaking OJB's
platform implementation for supporting the new DDL on sapDB/maxDB? (See
type mappings below, I don't know sapDB well enough to tell if there's
any significant differences.)

Hopefully we can find a permutation of {profile database, schema-xml
datatypes, platform implementation/JDBC type mappings} that works for
all databases -- knock on wood.

Some Torque mappings 3.0.2 for comparison:
oracle
------
LONGVARCHAR = VARCHAR2 (2000)
LONGVARBINARY = LONG RAW