db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OJB 1.1] Status?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:32:23 GMT
I agree with the 1.0.2 & tutorial stuff. If someone explains to me how
to update the website, then I'll do that once I finished the
tutorials. No need to wait with the release.

Regarding the 1.1 however, I don't agree. The two most important
things are IMO IoC support which already works for Pico and Spring is
currently out of our hands anyway, and Java 1.5 support. Once these
two are in place, I'd say we release the first alpha. And I don't
think Java 1.5 support is much work as its only enum and generic
collection support at first. Annotations would be nice too, but are
not a requirement yet I think.
Equally important are the changes to the metamodel structure which
require some changes to the repository file and the XDoclet module
among others.

About HiveMind and Tapestry, I think you misunderstood me. The ability
to use HiveMind in the same way as we're using Pico/Spring would be
nice for integration with the upcoming Tapestry 3.1, but this is by no
means something worth a minor release. For one, it means implementing
one class (HiveMindComponentContainer) which should be easy enough,
and HiveMind can wrap Spring bean factories anyway, so OJB should be
usable even without direct HiveMind integration - at least once Spring
integration works.

Tom