db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Rowell <mark.row...@credittrade.com>
Subject Re: Materialising the wrong type of object when prefetching relations hips where related class is part of extent
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:45:06 GMT
Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeuchi <at> gmx.ch> writes:

> hi mark,
>
> the repository is quite big...
>
> i assume that the error caused by
> PersistentFieldDirectAccessImplNew#getField() returning a field
> belonging to a different class.
> could you please post the declaring class of the field causing the error ?
>
> jakob

Jakob

That is my understanding from looking at stack traces, yes. OJB has the right
type of object (CreditDefaultSwap where the field is of type DebtRank) to set
the field in but the field definition it uses is from another class in the
same extent (BBGBondModel where the field rank is of type String).
BBGBondModel is only related to CreditDefaultSwap by the fact they both
implement the Instrument interface. The code is too big to post -- I will send
it to your email directly.

Many Thanks!

Mark Rowell