db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Suggestion - Required
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:02:04 GMT
hi sameer,

imho the points mentioned on the 'problem' slides are true for any
technology you choose.
you do not provide enough details to make a reasonable decision. ie.
complexity of the object- and data-model, amount of data, number of
parallel users ets.

jakob

Leveraging Object Relational Bridge (OJB)" @ http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/db-ojb/contrib/ojb-dataccess.pdf?rev=HEAD

> It is very nice,simple and  helpful for me to understand the basics of OJB and how to
configure the same.

> But - after going through one of the last sessions - "The Problem with This Approach",
am now in a dilemma to use OJB's or not.

> We are currently building a Datacentre application through which an administrator can
do SAN Management, Database Management etc.

> Where we envision a lot of objects to be running in the client (A Java/Swing based application)
side.

> It would be of great help if you can let us know - whether we should go for this approach
(OJB) or not? Or if there is any other better way of acheiving the same.

> Thanks
> Sameer
> (Project Manager)
>
> S P Software Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.
> (An ISO 9001:2000 Company)
> Pune, Maharashtra, India - 411 004.
>
> Tel : 91-20-4006154, 4006983, 4007503.
> Fax : 91-20-4006153.
>
> Email : sameer@spsoftindia.com
> Visit us at : www.spsoftindia.com

> The information contained in this message, together with any attachments, may be legally
privileged or confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. if you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately before deleting it.