db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] AutoMapping
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:28:13 GMT
Actually I was already planning to create something like this. As I
proposed in july
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ojb-dev&m=108948219020376&w=2), I'd
like to merge OJB's metamodel (class descriptor etc.) with the XDoclet
metamodel. This would enable us to use the constraints that are
already available for the XDoclet model, for the OJB model as well.
>From there it is IMO only a small step to support annotations
(including JDO2 annotations ?!) and to generate a basic mapping via
Beanutils and reflection, both even at runtime (no repository file
necessary).
But I wonder whether it would be better to first implement generics
and enum support ?

Tom