db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Sameer\(External\)" <sam...@spsoftindia.com>
Subject Suggestion - Required
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:49:03 GMT
Hi

I just have gone through John Carnels presentation - "Building a Data Persistence Tier Leveraging
Object Relational Bridge (OJB)" @ http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/db-ojb/contrib/ojb-dataccess.pdf?rev=HEAD

It is very nice,simple and  helpful for me to understand the basics of OJB and how to configure
the same.

But - after going through one of the last sessions - "The Problem with This Approach", am
now in a dilemma to use OJB's or not.

We are currently building a Datacentre application through which an administrator can do SAN
Management, Database Management etc.

Where we envision a lot of objects to be running in the client (A Java/Swing based application)
side.

It would be of great help if you can let us know - whether we should go for this approach
(OJB) or not? Or if there is any other better way of acheiving the same.

Thanks
Sameer
(Project Manager)

S P Software Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.
(An ISO 9001:2000 Company)
Pune, Maharashtra, India - 411 004.

Tel : 91-20-4006154, 4006983, 4007503.
Fax : 91-20-4006153.

Email : sameer@spsoftindia.com
Visit us at : www.spsoftindia.com

The information contained in this message, together with any attachments, may be legally privileged
or confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.
if you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately before deleting it.