db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons Transaction: read/write/upgrade locks interesting for OJB?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:54:11 GMT
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:50:42 -0500, Brian McCallister <brianm@apache.org> wrote:
> Definitely interested in it for object level locking! I've been
> (slacking for the last month and a half) working on providing object
> transactions, isolation, and locking at the persistence broker level
> (right now it is just available through ODMG) and (less mature and not
> really worked on except for bug fixes) the OTM.

That's exactly what the locking was designed for. Additionally there
are ACID transaction maps either using pessimistic blocking locks or
snapshot isolation. Maybe this can be interesting as well.

However, using both Java and database locks entail the hazard of
distributed deadlocks. Because of this I am not longer sure what
should be the strategy for Object caching...

Oliver