db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Sfeir" <rob...@codepuccino.com>
Subject Bug in Xdoclet?
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:11:47 GMT
Hi all,

The xdoclet docs say:

"It is also possible to use the  ojb.field tag at the class level (i.e. in
the JavaDoc comment of  the class). In this case, the tag is used to define
an  anonymous field, e.g. a "field" that has  no counterpart in the class
but exists in the database."

I have a table called cdpcno_tickets, which has 2 columns for which my
object model does not have corresponding getters and setters, and I want to
add them as anonymous keys, so I did this:

 * @ojb.class table="cdpcno_tickets" determine-extents="true"
include-inherited="true" generate-table-info="true" refresh="true"
 * @ojb.field column="ticket_project_id" jdbc-type="INTEGER"
* @ojb.field column="ticket_submitter" jdbc-type="INTEGER"

However the resulting user_repository.xml shows this:

<class-descriptor
    class="com.codepuccino.mesquite.Ticket"
    table="cdpcno_tickets"
    refresh="true"

    <field-descriptor
        name=""
        column="ticket_project_id"
        jdbc-type="INTEGER"
        access="anonymous"

2 problems, 1 the ticket_submitter is missing and note how the name="" is
blank, that's wrong obviously and xdoclet should check to see if the
ojb.field is being used in the class javadoc and require a name since it
cannot get that from the name of the class, it's anonymous.  The docs needs
to be fixed also I think.  If I add name="projectID" and name="submitterID"
to the ojb.field, then they both show up correctly.

If this is true, and it is a bug and not something misunderstood on my part,
just let me know and I'll fix it myself...  I just want to make sure I
didn't misunderstand something.

Thanks