db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Pico Container....
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:10:59 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Ugo Cei (a Cocoon committer) sent me this link after I told him we are
> going to use picoContainer:
>
> http://www.pyrasun.com/mike/mt/archives/2004/11/13/20.07.21/index.html
>
> I don't know what to think, but it is impotant you read it.

Yeah, I've read that one before. Looks like a Hani-wanna-be to me. But
seriously, while there may be some truth to it, Pico was in fact easier
to code against than spring-core, mainly because the Spring BeanFactory
documentation focuses on XML files and not much else.
I have not yet looked at HiveMind yet but will so in the near future. If
it easy to use, than I see no problem supporting it as well (and perhaps
using it as the default IoC container).

Tom