db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/samples tutorial1.bat repository_database.xml OJB.propert
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:44:34 GMT
Jakob,

I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to create a hardcoded
quickstart-sample, mainly because then we will have to maintain two
copies of the repository-* anf *.properties files. I had modified the
tutorial source so that they play nicely with OJB blank, and IMO it
would be better to solve any issues there, e.g. add a run target etc.

Also it should be easy to add an Ant target to the OJB build file that
creates a quickstart jar as a derivate of ojb-blank filled with the
tutorial 1 source and a xdoclet-pre-generated repository_user.xml file.

This and enhancing the getting started doc (prepending a part
specifically for the quickstart) should do, WDYT ?

regards,
Tom