db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakob Braeuchi" <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/samples tutorial1.bat repository_database.xml OJB.propert
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:55:37 GMT
hi thomas,

the duplication of the repository- and properties was also my concern. but i
wanted to have a standalone sample that can be copied anywhere (this is not
yet the case because tutorial1.bat references bin/cp.bat).

i'll see whether i can create a quickstart using the existing repository
files as far as possible. but any help will be appreciated here :) i also
had problems including tutorial5 (jdo).

jakob

> Jakob,
>
> I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to create a hardcoded
> quickstart-sample, mainly because then we will have to maintain two
> copies of the repository-* anf *.properties files. I had modified the
> tutorial source so that they play nicely with OJB blank, and IMO it
> would be better to solve any issues there, e.g. add a run target etc.
>
> Also it should be easy to add an Ant target to the OJB build file that
> creates a quickstart jar as a derivate of ojb-blank filled with the
> tutorial 1 source and a xdoclet-pre-generated repository_user.xml file.
>
> This and enhancing the getting started doc (prepending a part
> specifically for the quickstart) should do, WDYT ?
>
> regards,
> Tom

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŁnstigen Komplett-Preis!