db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Referencing an abstract class. The next turn...
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:34:40 GMT
Carsten Spräner_Ext wrote:

>Hi Armin,
>
>yes the problem description is right, but ojb behaves not as you described.
>At least in my test case it doesn't. I tried to use the
>ojbConcreteClass-Feature together with a superID from Dog to Animal. The
>Database contains the following data:

As I said, you should not mix <extent-class> and multiple-joined-tables
mapping - this should be the reason that you get objects twice.
If you want to use plain extent-class then you don't need neither
ojbConcreteClass nor the super-reference.
If you instead want multiple-joined-tables then you still don't need
ojbConcreteClass (this is only necessary if you map multiple classes
onto the same table), but only the super-Reference and the superID-field
in the descriptor/table for db.B.
Irrespective of the inheritance mapping, the colID field should not be
anonymous, this does not work well.

Tom