db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Referencing an abstract class. The next turn...
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:53:28 GMT
Spräner wrote:

>Hallo to everybody.
>I'm using OJB since release 0.7.4 and i still have a problem with mapping inheritance
in version 1.0.1. I mailed the problem several times but it seems that it is still not solved
correctly. My problem is as follows:
>Having a class Col which collects some items of class A. There is a subclass of A called
B. Meaning this UML-Diagram:

>-------         * ---------
>| Col  |  ----->|     A     |
>-------           ----------
>                            ^
>The repository mapps A in a table TABLE_A and B in an table TABLE_B. The inheritance is
mapped with the anonymous field feature of OJB.

How so ? You can map the inheritance either with a "super"-reference
(multiple joined tables) or directly using extent-class tags (then you
don't need any additional fields or references for mapping the inheritance).
Could you perhaps post your repository file ?

Tom