db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject [repository.dtd] class-descriptor attribute 'extends' - dispensable?
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:06:08 GMT
Hi all,

seems that this attribute was not used by anyone. We don't have a test
case, no documentation. The intention of this attribute is to allow some
kind of "mapping inheritance" by declaring the super class the fields
inherited from.
I don't like this attempt, because in code we always have to lookup the
super-fields too and the inheritance of references is not solved.

So I suggest to deprecate or remove this attribute from dtd and clear up
source code.

Any other suggestions? Does someone use this stuff?

regards,
Armin