db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: JDO and OJB and JSR 220 Persistence
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:48:19 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> Okay folks, what should we do about JDO 2?

I was wondering what the Spring and Geronimo guys will be doing ? I
mean, JDO2 should be a valid option for persistence, or not ? For that
matter, JBoss is not the only app server out there and others are
pushing other technologies anyway (e.g. IBM and Oracle). And JSR220
could still be quite some way off ...
Also if we manage to have a query-api where we can transparently map
queries in JDOQL, HQL, EJBQL, OQL, ... to, then it should not matter, as
we wanted to have the other features of JDO2 anyway, though perhaps with
a slightly different interface (unless I'm mistaken) ?

Tom