db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDO and OJB and JSR 220 Persistence
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:32:12 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> Okay folks, what should we do about JDO 2?

Sorry I'm not very familiar with this stuff, I only can ask questions ;-)

Did someone really started coding for JDO 2.0?

Seems implementing JDO 2 is flog a dead horse. On the other side when
will the new api be released (time frame seems J2EE5 - so next 1,5 years)?
Is it realistic for us to write OJB 1.1 and implement JDO 2 in next 8 month?
Seems the new Persistence-api use JSR-220 Early Draft as starting point,
so should we switch to EJB 3.0 instead of implement JDO 2?

Brian did you concentrate on reading both specs (EJB 3.0 and JDO 2)?
What's your opinion?

regards,
Armin