db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: OJB Proxies
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:35:36 GMT
Charles Anthony <charles.anthony <at> hpdsoftware.com> writes:
> As is typical, though, I'm afraid I'm fairly sure I do need field
> interception. Lots of other services in our app use field-level-reflection
> to get values. (An example : all our fk ids are protected fields, but not
> properties. Every now and then, we want to get at the fk directly to pop
> into a query - we use a reflection - via a ReflectHelper class - to do
> that).

Field interception is typically (including in CGLIB) handled by wrapping code
around all the getfield and putfield instructions in the calling code. This
means that reflection will bypass the interception code. JBoss AOP and perhaps
Aspectwerkz have better support for this, by intercepting all of the reflection
related methods (e.g. Field.getXXX), but as you can imagine this can get ugly
pretty quickly--I don't recommend it.

Chris