db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Detecting Metadata Changes
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:13:53 GMT
I am working on a distributed cache implementation which transmits
dirties only, and transmits just the table and pk information (over JMS
(using ActiveCluster)) so that non-OJB clients can dirty caches.

A problem I am having is how to detect runtime changes of metadata.
Searching the entire repository for every dirty even received is a
terrible option, imho, but caching the descriptor information is risky
as heck as there is no mechanism for detecting runtime metadata changes
of which I am aware.

Is there one I don't know about?

If not the workaround is simply to tell anyone using this cache that
they need to call a static method (which will broadcast the change
notification) when they make runtime metadata changes if they are using
this cache.

Thanks,

Brian