db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OJB1.0.x] odmg improvement, locking-package move
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:58:31 GMT
Hi Brian,

Brian McCallister wrote:
> How would you access the locking stuff outside of ODMG? Talk to the lock
> manager directly?

There will be a org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManager interface
expects Object arguments for 'key' and 'lockedObject' and on odmg-level
the "old" LockManager interface (expect TransactionImpl and Object
arguments) further on exists. In ...odmg.locking.LockManagerOdmgImpl a
broker.locking.LockManagerXYZImpl instance will be wrapped and the
...odmg.locking.LockManagerFactory does internal create and configure
the PB-locking stuff and return LockManagerOdmgImpl.
So on odmg-level nothing will be changed (except locking package and
some other tweak ;-)).

regards,
Armin