db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OJB 1.1] New batch handling
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:41:54 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>> - BatchStrategy
>> Contains the rules to order/reorder objects
>

> Does this properly handles the FK / PK assignment across the various
> cases (want to make sure I understand it)? If so I dearly want to rip
> out the re-ordering I put into the Dirty* stuff. I am not comfortable
> with it, and don't want to have multiple re-ordering implementations in
> OJB.

The order/reorder is only in relation to batch handling. It does not
really reorder the objects only the position of the prepared statement
in the batch queue or execute the batch (e.g. when an insert and update
statement was done to the same table, then we should first perform the
insert, then the update statement).
And as BatchStrategy is pluggable each implementation can use it's own
'algorithm' to avoid integrity conflicts in DB.

regards,
Armin