db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: OJB query! please help !
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:13:44 GMT
In all honesty, I wouldn't recommend using OJB's JDO api yet. The
existing JDO 1.0.1 implementation is quite weak, and is more
proof-of-concept than anything. The reflective nature of OJB
persistence just never really encouraged anyone to flesh out 1.0.1.

We are actively working on a JDO 2.0 right now (supports reflective
persistence), with an (optimistic) timeline of around November for it
being usable. This largely depends on where the spec goes as the last
public showing of the spec was in June and rumour has it more changes
to it are coming from feedback garnered then =)

-Brian