db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject [JDO] Help Needed!
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:03:11 GMT
Hi again all. As lots of people said they wanted to help work on JDO
stuff, some things we need which are somewhat autonomous:

Support for equals criteria which matches object identity, so:

criteria.addEqualTo("objectReferenceOnCandidate", myWombat);

which will generate the correct code to match pk/fk

Support for a contains criteria:

criteria.addContains("collectionOnCandidate", myWombat);

which will generate correct where criteria. This one will be fun. This
will need to support object identity based query building like the
object reference equals.

Fetch Groups:

Read the JDO spec for explanation of this one. Is good stuff. Basically
override of proxy settings in our terms on a per-query basis.

JDO 2.0 Style mapping definitions:

Read the JDo spec for this one. Basically an alternate way of defining
mappings.

Any help on these is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Brian