db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change J2EE/JTA jars
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:22:37 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> The Geronimo guys were kind enough to type in all the J2EE interfaces by
> hand to skirt the SCSL, and the jars are available in Apache CVS. Let's
> link those and get rid of this "you must go download X from Sun"
>
> I'll put them in, but wanted to discuss before doing it.

I'm all for it - this has been frustrating end users for long now...

If you go ahead - please also check/remove the proxy stuff which is still pointing to
SF.net (from the times when the product was named "ObjectBridge"). I wouldn't mind letting

go of JDK1.2 support as of OJB1.1 (anyone know userbase stats for this?).

Regards,
  Martin