db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Software caused connection abort : socket write error
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:57:11 GMT
Hi Luis,

 > java.lang.RuntimeException: ClientAbortException:
java.net.SocketException:
 > Software caused connection abort: socket write error

this doesn't help much, assume that something wrong with used
connection, e.g. used connection is timed out.
Could you post the stack trace of the appServer too? Which database are
you using? Is autoreconnect enabled/supported? Do you use a validation
query in jdbc-connection-descriptor?

regards,
Armin

Luis Gaspar wrote:

> [...]
> ationValve.java:72)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrR
> ealm.java:275)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
> .java:540)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
> )
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
> )
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :109)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
>
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
>
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
>
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConne
> ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:683)

> DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material
and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly
received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this
e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed
to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail
transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.