db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject delete does not include 'ojbConcreteClass' !
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:19:09 GMT
hi all,

while working on the new class-discriminator stuff (replacement of
ojbConcreteClass) i found that we do not use the field 'ojbConcreteClass' when
deleteing an object, the only attributes used are the pk.

afaik ojbConcreteClass is never part of the pk (at least not in our samples) so
when deleting objects just by pk we could probably delete more than one row !
i know ojb requires the pk to be unique within a class hierarchy, but if this is
not the case, more than one obj is gone...

what do you think about including ojbConcreteClass in the delete statement ?

jakob