db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please test the new commons-sql dbhandling
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:36:15 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> just checked in the last changes to the commons-sql dbhandling stuff,
> and I think it's in a usable state now.

After applying the patches I sent you for commons-sql and updating OJB to the latest
MetadataManager pattern (Armin can check if this is the endorsed way) it seems to run fine

for Oracle9i.

Similar test results as with Torque, with some flux in the ODMG tests but I don't think is

because of the DB-handling.

Side-note regarding commons-sql (one thing that's not in the patch): there is Java
String-quoting in the SQL output so it's not possible to copy-paste into an SQL tool. Eg.

it should say 'thestring' and not "thestring" in the SQL output. I don't think this is
DB-dependent but general SQL standard. (?)

Regards,
  Martin