db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Moving to Subversion?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:50:06 GMT
Tino Schöllhorn wrote:

> well the thing is that I do not work with the cvs integration (except
> for downloading the current head of ojb). But I think that the
> subclipse  plugin is okay - except that some features (like the
> synchronization-view) are still missing. But as it is constantly
> developed I think it will be implemented in the next months.

I'm also for the pragmatic approach. While I see the value of SVN over
CVS (especially when refactoring), the IDE support does not seem on a
par with the CVS support yet (at least in Eclipse, but probably in IDEA
too). And as somebody who has learned of the benefits of the Team
Synchronization View in Eclipse vs. plain CLI or with Tools like
TortoiseCVS, I do not want to have to do CLI again.

Tom