db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Please test the new commons-sql dbhandling
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 11:35:06 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:

> as a sidenote, when I use 'BYTE' it works too. All settings (byte,
> ascii, none set) except 'UNICODE' working on my computer.
>
> Make the best of a bad job ;-)
>
> Armin
>
> CREATE TABLE NESTED_FIELDS_ENTRY
>  (
>      OBJ_ID INTEGER NOT NULL,
>      FK_ID DECIMAL (15,0) NOT NULL,
>      NAME VARCHAR (150) BYTE,
>      PRIMARY KEY (OBJ_ID)
>  )

MaxDB works now with commons-sql dbhandling - I made ASCII (i.e. none
specified) the default and added the ability to specify database
properties in the task (e.g. for UNICODE).
However, I get one more unit test failures with commons-sql than I get
with torque:

Testcase: testMultithreadedLazyRead took 9,922 sec
	Caused an ERROR
Used ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: Used ConnectionManager
instance could not obtain a connection
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getSelectByPKStatement(StatementManager.java:660)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.materializeObject(JdbcAccessImpl.java:550)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getDBObject(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1245)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.doGetObjectByIdentity(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1368)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByIdentity(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1347)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByIdentity(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:312)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByIdentity(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:312)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.MultithreadedReadTest$TestHandleLazyRead.runTestCase(MultithreadedReadTest.java:326)
	at
org.apache.ojb.junit.JUnitExtensions$MultiThreadedTestCase$TestCaseRunnable.run(JUnitExtensions.java:186)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: Could not
borrow connection from pool -
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor:
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor@186df0f[
   jcd-alias=default
   default-connection=true
   dbms=MaxDB
   jdbc-level=2.0
   driver=com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB
   protocol=jdbc
   sub-protocol=sapdb
   db-alias=//localhost/OJB
   user=ojbtest
   password=*****
   eager-release=false
   ConnectionPoolDescriptor={whenExhaustedAction=0, maxIdle=-1,
maxActive=21, maxWait=5000, removeAbandoned=false,
numTestsPerEvictionRun=10, testWhileIdle=false,
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=600000, testOnReturn=false,
logAbandoned=false, removeAbandonedTimeout=300,
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=-1, testOnBorrow=true}
   batchMode=false
   useAutoCommit=AUTO_COMMIT_SET_TRUE_AND_TEMPORARY_FALSE
   ignoreAutoCommitExceptions=false

sequenceDescriptor=org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.SequenceDescriptor@32784a[
      sequenceManagerClass=class
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl
      Properties={autoNaming=true, globalSequenceId=false,
globalSequenceStart=10000, grabSize=20}
]
]
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.getConnectionFromPool(ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.java:85)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.java:116)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:105)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getSelectByPKStatement(StatementManager.java:652)
	... 9 more
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: Error
getting Connection from DriverManager with url
(jdbc:sapdb://localhost/OJB) and driver (com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDriverManager(ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.java:259)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl$ConPoolFactory.makeObject(ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.java:231)
	at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:816)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.getConnectionFromPool(ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.java:81)
	... 12 more
Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP
DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://localhost/OJB [Task limit].
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB.connect(DriverSapDB.java:183)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDriverManager(ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.java:253)
	... 15 more

Any idea ?

Tom