db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Proposal to get rid of ojbConcreteClass
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:22:28 GMT
Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

> it is my intention to keep things as backward compatible as possible.
> when reading the repository.xml i'll build a selector when i find a
> field-descriptor with the magic name 'ojbConcreteClass'. the selector
> will point to thes field-descriptor and the value will be the name of
> the class.

I may be a bit slow today, but what is the purpose of the value
attribute ? Wouldn't it suffice to add a boolean property to the
field-descriptor that denotes the 'ojbConcreteClass' field, e.g. a
'defines-concrete-class' property ?
Also, please add at least a deprecation warning (log.warn or higher)
when encountering a magic name 'ojbConcreteClass' so that users will
actually switch to the new structure.

Tom