db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Moving to Subversion?
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:45:04 GMT
Jakob Braeuchi dijo:
> hi,
>
> as long as i cannot use svn from within eclipse i do not want to switch.

<rant
trademark="Giaguno Rabellino"
link="http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108063677218228&w=2">

Well, I feel a bit like an old aunt sitting on the porch and muttering
about the good old times, but I really feel at loss when I see what is
supposedly the cream of the crop of techies around the world becoming
sissies when a far better technology isn't supported in their favorite
GUI... I really fail to see why the most important Subversion migration
issue is lack of support in the IDE.

Actually, as a CLI diehard I'm used to fire Eclipse only for seriously
tangled stuff or for debugging: my typical development environment is
CLI-based anyway (vim+ant+cvs/svn) so I might be biased but, ah, the
good old times when Real Programmers did punched cards... :-)))

</rant>

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo