db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Luis Gaspar" <luis-gas...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Software caused connection abort : socket write error
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:42:30 GMT
I'am using Postgres database. I have this exception sometimes when try to
find a collection of value objects from my database. The method to return
that collection do 3 times the same thing. I put a print in start and in the
end of method.  Sample startGetProjects and endGetProjects. When I run the
application, in my log I get one startGetProjects and various
endGetProjects.

Regards

Luis Gaspar

-----Original Message-----
From: Armin Waibel [mailto:arminw@apache.org]
Sent: segunda-feira, 23 de Agosto de 2004 16:57
To: OJB Developers List
Subject: Re: Software caused connection abort : socket write error

Hi Luis,

 > java.lang.RuntimeException: ClientAbortException:
java.net.SocketException:
 > Software caused connection abort: socket write error

this doesn't help much, assume that something wrong with used
connection, e.g. used connection is timed out.
Could you post the stack trace of the appServer too? Which database are
you using? Is autoreconnect enabled/supported? Do you use a validation
query in jdbc-connection-descriptor?

regards,
Armin

Luis Gaspar wrote:

> My application was developed in OJB and when a try to search a collection
of
> value objects on my Data Base I have this exception. The application still
> working fine but sometimes I've got this exception. I work with
Jboss-3.2.5.
> If someone could help me I appreciate.
>

> Cheers
>

> Luis Gaspar
>

> 16:35:47,893 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[action]:
Servlet.service()
> for servlet action threw exception
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: ClientAbortException:
java.net.SocketException:
> Software caused connection abort: socket write error
>
>         at

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)

>         at

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerH
> andlerImpl.java:433)
>
>         at

com.oroad.stxx.transform.CachedXSLTransformer.transform(CachedXSLTransformer
> .java:253)
>
>         at

com.oroad.stxx.transform.TransformerHandler.processActionTransform(Transform
> erHandler.java:203)
>
>         at

com.oroad.stxx.plugin.RequestProcessorHelper.processStxxDefinition(RequestPr
> ocessorHelper.java:257)
>
>         at

com.oroad.stxx.plugin.StxxRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(StxxRequestP
> rocessor.java:151)
>
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)

>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
>
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)
>
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
>
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
>
>         at

> FilterChain.java:237)
>
>         at

> ain.java:157)
>
>         at

> va:214)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
> Valve.java:198)
>
>         at

> va:152)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
>
>         at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
> ationValve.java:72)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrR
> ealm.java:275)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
> .java:540)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
> )
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
> )
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>         at

> :109)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
>
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
>
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
>
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
>
>         at

> ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
>
>         at

> a:683)

> DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or
privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you
are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should
not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your
system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail
transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is
required. Critical Software.