db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Tino Schöllhorn <t.schoellh...@tiscali.de>
Subject ObjectCacheDefaultImpl and many databases
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:30:46 GMT
Hi,

currently I am using OJB 1.0 am I think this is just a great tool. But
there is one thing I don't completely understand: I have an
(web)-application which serves different clients. Each client has an own
database - but these databases have the identical scheme. Due to that I
am running into troubles when using ObjectCacheDefaultImpl because that
cache-implementation maps all cached object to one static Map (using
ObjectCachePerBrokerImpl isn't an option for us for performance reasons).

So I wondered if you intend to extend the capabilities of
ObjectCacheDefaultImpl so that it could cache differnent - but
schematicall identical - databases?

Currently I modified theObjectCacheDefaultImpl so that it works for me.
But I am sure this would help other too, so - if it is of interest - I
can donate my (quite simple) changes.

With regards
Tino Schöllhorn