db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: State Tracking
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:17:52 GMT
To answer the "why cannot yank OTM for the dirty.* stuff" question...

The state tracking dirty does has a much smaller scope than the OTM. It
doesn't do object space transactions, locking, etc which is the main
point of the OTM (Object Transaction Manager). It is also less flexible
right now in that it doesn't support the various copy strategies and
isolation

Right now the dirty broker stuff couldn't replace the features of the
OTM.

That said, I am still worried about the OTM per previous post =)

-Brian