db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject AutoDirty in PB
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:10:11 GMT
I have a PersistenceBroker implementation (really just a set of
listeners on the regular PB) which handle auto-dirtying at the
persistence broker level via copy-on-read and compare-on-commit.

It is less functional than the OTM in that it doesn't handle isolation
etc, just performs its behavior at the PB level. This is identical
behavior to the Hibernate Session, which a lot of people seem to like,
so I was wondering, now that 1.0 is out, if there was any interest in
making this available in the OJB directly, or simply work on the OTM
level. Advantage is that it is more performant and much less code than
OTM.

-Brian