db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Sfeir" <rob...@codepuccino.com>
Subject Re: OJB 1.0.x/1.x planning
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 19:13:12 GMT

On Jul 5, 2004, at 2:36 PM, Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> a couple of days ago I started a wiki page for gathering ideas/plans
> for the next steps for both the maintenance releases (1.0.x) and the
> next versions (1.x):
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-ojb/OJBNextSteps
>
> My question is how we should proceed from the 1.0. My idea would be
> that we finish the wiki page, i.e. gather all ideas and estimate how
> long they would take, then assign them to the versions and find
> volunteers. This way we could create something like a schedule for
> upcoming releases, and thus show how agile the OJB development really
> is.
>
> What do you think ?

That's close to what I said, except I was suggesting that you limit
features based on a pre-set release cycle.  :-)

+1 on finishing feature list
+1 on finding volunteers for each piece
+1 on assigning to versions

but
-1 if you don't pre determine release cycle so you can fit features in
versions in a pre-set timeline.