db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release OJB 1.0.1
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:01:13 GMT
hi armin,

i was debugging NativeIdentifierTest#testReferenceInsertUpdateODMG for quite
some time and unfortunately i do not see a solution to this problem :(

we have a mainObject with a 1:1 relationship to a SingleReference. during
tx.commit the mainObj is save first, storeReferences does NOT save this
singleRef because of auto-settings set to false. afterStore of mainObj the
db-generated key is put into the object. i tried to call setReferenceFKs in
afterStore, but this is useless because singleRef is not saved and still carries
the dummy key !

so, imo we cannot insert the mainObj referencing a non existent singleRef !
evene if we could update all the fks in the mainObj the row in the database is
still wrong, because it contains to dummy key of the singleRef:

INSERT INTO NATIVE_MAIN_OBJECT (REF_ID,NAME) VALUES
('-2','testReferenceInsert_main_1091213387781')

this actually only works because there are no referential constraints.

jakob