db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: [JDO] jdoql
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:27:19 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> Cool. Thank you again for tackling this!
>
> Speaking of libraries not dependent on OJB, the JDOQL compiler is a
> perfect example. OJB depends on it, but it shouldn't depend on OJB.
> You could write an XML:DB query builder against the AST as well =)

I agree that having a separate ojb-query-api (or similar) library could
be useful though I'm not sure whether making it a separate db
sub-project is so, too. Also, I'm not sure whether OQL and JDOQL can
really be combined on the AST level, but if then it would be cool. There
are other candidates, too, e.g. EJBQL3, Soda, etc.

Tom