db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: commons-sql
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:01:34 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> I notice that we have some commons-sql code now, cool stuff.

It's nearly there, only needs fixing the jdbc type -> database type
mapping for the individiual databases (in commons-sql, not on OJB).
Should be finished at the weekend.
I'll ask you developers for running OJB's unit tests against the
different databases using the commons-sql db-creation when commons-sql
is ready.

> Should we start making moves to get commons-sql into db-commons?

+1, I'll write the mail to db-pmc and jakarta-pmc today.

> I think using db-commons like Struts used/uses jakarta-commons will be a
> good idea. Make as much of OJB standalone as we can, and push those
> libraries out to -commons.

Hmm, commons-sql today does two things: manipulating the database
structure (create/alter/drop/dump) using torque database schemas, and
i/o of dynabeans from/to the database using native SQL (I was thinking
whether it would be useful to add a parser for one of the  SQL standards
so that this is truly database-independent).
What functionality do you have in mind in addition to this ?

Tom