db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: mixed mapping (1 table/1 class, 1 table/many)
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:36:43 GMT
Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

> imo we should not invest too much in multi-joined-table using 'super'.
> we'd better replace it with a decent mapping of one class to multiple
> tables.

I'm all for this, but I guess this will take some time ?
What do you think, is there an 'easy' fix (OJB 1.0.1) for the query
problem ? I had a quick look into the criteria building stuff, but
honestly I did not really understand it. The problem as far as I can
see, is that the criteria building only checks for extends (and
ojbConcreteClass), but ignores the multi-joined-table scenario - thus
not all instances are returned. I believe Joshua Phillips add a bug
report for this.

Tom