db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <martin.ka...@curalia.se>
Subject Re: OJB 1.0.x/1.x planning
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:10:18 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> My question is how we should proceed from the 1.0. My idea would be that
> we finish the wiki page, i.e. gather all ideas and estimate how long
> they would take, then assign them to the versions and find volunteers.
> This way we could create something like a schedule for upcoming
> releases, and thus show how agile the OJB development really is.

Sounds good. I also agree with the ones commenting that a set release schedule should be
determined by "feature-by-specific-version" and not "version-by-specific-date".

Another thing; currently first impression with OJB might look bad if a user checks open
bugs in Scarab and finds some ancient (and most of them highly obsolete) issues. I think
we should really make a common effort at trying to clean out old Scarab issues. (Yeah, I
know - it's dead boring and does not drive the post-1.0 development further, but it can
really make the whole project management look a bit sloppy -- which IMO it isn't.)

Also, the "YourQuestionHere" page in the Wiki contains some rants about build issues that

have been fixed - how should we proceed in updating/cleaning this page?

Regards,
  Martin

--
Martin Kalén