db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Forward!
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:01:36 GMT
Robert S. Sfeir wrote:

> Oh yeah, and I think 6-8 weeks for a 1.0.1 is too slow, way too slow.
> The problem is that we've gained a reputation of having slowed down to
> a crawl, and that's not good.  We can certainly do Doc and java doc.
> we've just added 2 people to comitters (me and Martin), I know I would
> be more than willing to work on Doc and java doc.

I think 6 weeks is realistic, but if we can manage earlier, all the
better. But IMO its better to define clear goals for 1.0.1, and then
fulfill them. And if it takes only one week, great, but if only 6 weeks,
I don't mind as long as the new version is better for the users than the
old . And a new release just two weeks after the initial 1.0 sounds like
a classical 'serious bug fixed' release for which the PC Gaming Industry
is so famous.

Btw, I'll 'refactor' the OJBOnePointOne wiki page so we can use it for this.

Tom