db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: OQL grammar changes
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:37:32 GMT
Clóvis Wichoski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will work on this and see what I can do...
>
> but before I need to ask some questions for Thomas or any other commiters,
> the OJB as a plan of what need or rules to be implemented in OQL?
> the patchs that I send will be commited when? on checked if trusted, one
> week, months, next version?

I already planned to work on the OQL grammar (don't know why Jakob asked
you too, we had the exact same topic a couple of weeks ago), to be more
precise on two areas:

- extraction of the embedded code into a separate class
- addition of the missing OQL 3 features, mostly generic method support
(methods names shouldn't be hardcoded in the grammar but rather resolved
during creation of the query object) and missing operators

I wanted to add your patch during the weekend. However, I have one
question for you in return. You enhanced the from clause to support
multiple classes. Is the implementation of this complete (I noticed a
TODO) ?

Tom