db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <lean...@ibnetwork.com.br>
Subject Re: Move new services to kernel
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:41:03 GMT
Mee too, lots of things happening here !
That's just the direction I think we should go !

OJB should be assembled from different loosely coupled components.
SqlGenerator, IdentityFactory, CacheStrategy, MetadataManager, etc !
Anf, of course, ObjectFactory. to ease business object integration into
container environment. I always have trouble using the init-method on
repository.xml to inject dependecies on my BO's.

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 07:56, Brian McCallister wrote:
> I am certainly not going to act on it anytime soon, personally ;-) Just
> throwing in my 2c.
>
> -Brian
>
> On Jul 9, 2004, at 2:50 AM, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>
> > Brian McCallister wrote:
> >
> >> I would lean towards the IoC container instead of JNDI/lookups.
> >> I have used Pico and quite like it, Spring does everything pico does
> >> and is probably more configurable. Both are pretty new, but
> >> appropriately licensed (BSD and ASL respectively).
> >> Not a bad idea to handle configuration of services/components this
> >> way.
> >
> > Could this wait a couple of days ? I had some ideas regarding the
> > configuration stuff (and others) that I wanted to put together and
> > post to the dev list this weekend.
> >
> > Tom

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
InterBusiness Tecnologia e Servi├žos