db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: [vote] Speaking of 1.0
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:41:45 GMT
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Armin Waibel wrote:

>  From your previous mail:
> <snip>
> See above: we should provide generated documentation in an additional
> archive; and these two targets should be removed from the build
> file. Also, the 'forrest' target could be renamed to 'doc' and the output
> be placed in an better place (new top-level directory doc ?).
> <snip>
>
> Do you mean to generate a separate documentation archive to store in
> download section?

Yupp, I found that this a convenient way for projects to provide
documentation , and updating the documentation in the next weeks will be
easier (no new ojb version necessary if only the docs have changed).

> Be careful when change Forrest output directory I have problems to do
> that (but it was my first attempt with an older forrest snapshot).
> Also I have problems to use a different directory for forrest
> documentation sources.
> That's the reason why I used the Forrest default settings.

I didn't plan to meddle with the Forrest settings (they look rather
complicated), but rather use good old Ant magic (copy to 'target' folder
-> invoke Forrest there -> copy result to top-level 'doc'
folder). Generation will take a bit longer, but this is way easier and
default Forrest settings will do just fine then.

BTW, could we put the documentation source into a 'src'-subfolder (say,
src/forrest or better yet, src/doc) ?

Tom