db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: [vote] Speaking of 1.0
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:57:28 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:

> These open items are all doc related, I vote for pushing a minor
> doc-fix release when they are done. i am working on docs, but they
> shouldn't hold us up for 1.0. I'll start a new vote thread.

We could split the binary distribution of OJB for the final:

* OJB only (no external libraries)
* OJB with all dependencies (except jdo and j2ee)
* OJB-docs (generated forrest documentation (no pdf) which can simply be
unpacked into one of the above dists)

This way, the downloads will be smaller, and the problem with the
documentation generation is solved as well. The source should be left
unchanged and without pre-made documentation, I think.

> > think we can remove the maven xdocs

+1 (including the build targets)

See above: we should provide generated documentation in an additional
archive; and these two targets should be removed from the build
file. Also, the 'forrest' target could be renamed to 'doc' and the output
be placed in an better place (new top-level directory doc ?).

Tom